- Columbia Forest Products ties up with Mod Mom FurniturePosted 2 years ago
- Sustainable Shipping Container Homes from ShelterKraft WerksPosted 2 years ago
- BT Office Launches New Icarus RangePosted 2 years ago
- Nature evoked in home décor by designersPosted 2 years ago
- Haefner’s garden included for Clarkston Garden WalkPosted 2 years ago
- Hampton Enterprise Expands Home Improvement Services Through Online PromotionPosted 2 years ago
- Home Design HD Announces Summer Outdoor SalePosted 2 years ago
- SOM Develops Structural System from Mass Timber for Building SkyscrapersPosted 2 years ago
- Ikea Introduces New Dollhouse FurniturePosted 2 years ago
- New Range of Outdoor Patio Furniture Announced by Abbyson LivingPosted 2 years ago
Home Security Issues: Common Lock Problems
The last thing you want is to cope with a burglary and while new-fangled alarm systems are an excellent addition to your home, to not only deter intruders but also lower your home insurance and improve your peace of mind; your first line of defence is your locks. With Dyno locks and alarms Surrey, as well as various other companies all over the nation, you can ensure that your locks are always in tip-top condition meaning that you or your home will never be vulnerable.
For most of the time, the locks on your doors and windows will do exactly what they’re there to do – to protect you, your home and your possessions from danger. Unfortunately, along the way you may bump into some common lock problems that luckily, can be dealt with quickly and effectively with the help of a professional locksmith.
Take a proper look at the problem and see whether it’s something you may be able to fix yourself. If in doubt, call a locksmith who will be able to help you, whatever the problem.
We’ve probably all had to deal with this issue at some point. Keys stick in locks quite often and while most of the time, a little bit of jiggling will get the door open and a little more jiggling will help you to take the key back out again, it’s an issue that needs fixing.
One of the common causes of this issue is that it’s not the right key. Make sure you’re using the proper one! This sounds obvious, but it’s easy to do when you’re not thinking.
Alternatively, use a little WD40 or olive oil to try and lubricate the cylinder, which may help to ease the problem.
If the key doesn’t fit into the lock (and it is the right key), the lock may have frozen over. Use a little heat to help defrost it.
It’s important that you rectify this ASAP because anyone could have your keys. Call an emergency locksmith who will make you a priority and change your locks pronto. This is also a good protocol to use when moving home, because you can never be sure how many sets of keys have been cut in the past.
Without good locks, your home is at risk. Make sure it’s never an issue by keeping you and your home safe and secure.